- Cambridge Ultrasonics was founded in 1987.
- The business was started in King's College London and relocated to Cambridge in 1994.
- The majority of staff have degrees from Cambridge University in Physics, Mathematics or Engineering.
- Technical staff generally have PhDs with many years experience.
Cambridge Ultrasonics works with its clients to provide unique skills in research and development in the fields of: ultrasonic techniques, physics, electronic design, mathematics, numerical modelling and novel software algorithms.
Our goals are:
- To provide a high quality research and development service to our clients.
- To be a centre of excellence in physics, ultrasonic technology, electronic design and software development.
- To minimize risk in research and development.
- To provide clear ownership of intellectual property.
Our expertise areas are:
- Ultrasonic techniques and methods.
- Transducer design, construction and testing.
- System analysis and design.
- Finite element modelling of ultrasonic transducers, propagation and scattering.
- Application of physics first principles to problem solving.
- Mathematical analysis of physical problems relating to ultrasound.
- High speed imaging combined with optical enhancement methods.
- Analogue and digital electronic circuit design.
- Software development.
- Designing electronic instruments to meet international standards.
- Experimental visualization of ultrasound.
Examples of previous clients and collaborators:
- Institut fur Massivbau, Technical University of Darmstadt.
- Alcatel Espace.
- Taywood Engineering.
- SP Swedish National Testing and Research Institute.
- Sonatest plc
- The Queen's University Belfast.
- University of Uppsala, Sweden.
- Acciona Infraestructuras.
- Hewlett Packard.
- DX Tech.